Statement of Faith & Practice
- We believe in one God, the Creator of heaven and earth. He exists eternally as Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in Jesus Christ, the Son of God. He was born of the Virgin Mary, suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified for our sins and raised bodily from the dead. He will come again as our King to judge the living and the dead and to set up His everlasting Kingdom.
- We believe in the Holy Spirit who empowers, seals, instructs, guides and comforts those who put their faith and trust in the Lord Jesus Christ.
- We believe that everyone must receive Jesus Christ as their personal Lord and Savior in order to have eternal life and a part in God’s Kingdom.
- We believe that repentance from sin is essential for salvation.
- We believe that the Bible is the inspired Word of God and that as believers we have a duty to be obedient to the commandments and teachings therein.
- We believe marriage is a sacrament of the Church. This church defines “marriage” as the exclusive covenantal union of one man and one woman in which such union is a lifetime commitment. A civil government’s sanction of a union will be recognized as a legitimate marriage by the church only to the extent that it is consistent with the definition of “marriage” in these Articles.
- We believe legitimate sexual marriage relations are exercised solely within marriage. Hence, sexual activities outside marriage including but not limited to adultery, premarital sex, homosexuality and pedophilia are inconsistent with the teachings of the Bible and the Church. Further, lascivious conduct, transgender behavior, and the creation and/or distribution and/or viewing of pornography, are incompatible with the biblical witness.
- We practice water baptism and communion according to the teachings of the Lord Jesus Christ.
- We believe that every member of the church must express their obedience to Christ through water baptism.
- We believe it is the responsibility of each member of our church to be committed to love God with all their mind, heart, soul and strength.
- The commitment of each member of the church will include their time, talents, financial support, prayers and love for their fellow Christians.
- We recognize that God has established elders in our church who have a responsibility to counsel and instruct the members with the wisdom and guidance of the Holy Spirit according to the teachings of the Bible. Their goal is to equip the saints for the work of ministry.
- We believe Open Door Christian Church to be a small part of the body of Christ on earth. Our citizenship is in heaven, and we are members of the church, which is being built by the Lord Jesus Christ. We express our unity with all Christians who love and serve Jesus Christ as their Lord.
ARTICLE 2 STATEMENT OF FAITH AND PRACTICE Section 2.01